A short-term, sustained release bolus containing calcium. Intended for use in adult dairy cows at point of calving. To aid in the prevention of milk fever these boluses are beneficial for high yielding dairy cows, cows with a previous history of calcium deficiency, cows having produced more than 3 lactations and for jersey and guernsey cows.
After administering Agrimin 24·7 Calcium boluses, the coating on the bolus dissolves in the rumen and the bolus disintegrates completely within 30 minutes. The calcium chloride is rapidly absorbed and the calcium sulphate is absorbed over a longer period, giving a sustained supply of calcium.
Agrimin 24/7 Calcium boluses are for use in dairy cows over 400kg body weight.
- Large supply of calcium - 43g in each bolus.
- Bolus dissolves and supplies calcium within 30 minutes of administration.
- Calcium from bolus available as chloride (fast release) and sulphate (slow release) - peace of mind for the farmer.
- None of the palatability problems associated with gels and pastes.
- Can be used in conjunction with existing calcium supplementation regime
1. Pre and Post Calving Regime: Administer one bolus at the first sign of calving. Administer a second bolus 12-15 hours after the first bolus.
2. Post calving regime: Administer one bolus immediately after calving (or after sub-cutaneous calcium injection). Administer a second bolus 12-15 hours after the first bolus.
Use only approved Agrimin bolus guns