Whole milk in the stomach of the calf is digested by the formation of curds by acids and enzymes. At times, a large amount of milk can go undigested due to insufficient quantities of acid and enzymes. This milk acidifier supports the calf's digestion by reducing the pH and therefore requires less acid production.
Instructions for Use:
- RDA: one scoop (15g) per gallon of whole milk.
- Feeding rate of whole milk should be approximately 10-15% of bodyweight (4-6 litres).
- It is recommended to mix the required amount of Milk Shield with a small amount of warm water first, before adding to the milk. This will allow for even mixing.
- Milk Shield can be used in both bucket and automatic milk feeders.
- One 8kg bucket will treat 533 gallons of whole milk or 2423 litres.